Thank you for doing your part to reduce the spread of coronavirus. Because of your commitment to social distancing and staying at home, the rate of COVID-19 infection in our area is trending downward.
We’ve used the coronavirus pandemic courageously to embrace new technology and fix some admittedly antiquated processes.
- All of our providers now use virtual visits to provide care whenever medically and technologically possible.
- A new VWC + “Babyscripts myJourney” app provides almost daily evidenced-based information to our moms-to-be.
- The VWC care team now updates patient charts over the phone before scheduled appointments. They’ll confirm your medications, changes in health history, etc. That way, when you see your provider on a virtual or in-office visit, you’ll focus solely on your health concern.
- A new online platform is in development that will make scheduling appointments online more streamlined with significantly fewer steps and clicks required.
- A new check-in process enabling you to complete most paperwork, including medical and social histories from the convenience of your phone or computer, including the ability to upload your insurance card, will launch in the next 30 days.
While these changes to both the art and science of medicine were born out of necessity in response to the pandemic, we hope that getting the care you need at Virginia Women’s Center will be forever changed, positively.