Here’s the scoop on what you need to know about your next in-office visit.
- Health screening questions are asked at the time an appointment is scheduled.
- Health screening tables are located at each office entrance. Patients are asked a series of questions and have their temperature taken with an infrared (forehead) thermometer. Patients with a temperature will be assessed further by a physician, prior to being permitted to enter a VWC facility.
- To receive care, you must wear a face mask/covering the entire time you are in a Virginia Women’s Center facility. We ask that you bring your personal face mask/covering as medical (surgery) masks are extremely limited.
- Visitors are not permitted, with the following exceptions.
- A parent may accompany a minor to her appointment
- One hearing, vision, or mobility interpreter/assistant per patient with special needs.
- Approved visitors meeting one of the criteria above must wear face masks/coverings at all times.
- Staff/physicians are screened daily prior to entering VWC offices and starting their day.
- Enhanced daily cleaning protocols, including exam/procedure rooms in between staggered appointments.
Please don’t delay seeking care if you suspect something is wrong. In some instances, days, hours, even minutes matter. Your VWC care team and all other medical professionals across the region are standing by to ensure you get the care you need, safely. As always, we are here to answer your questions and address your health concerns.
Yours in health,
The Physicians of Virginia Women’s Center